It is vital to understand that virtual private network is the best way to protect yourself against harmful breaches, and it will provide you security in case that you want to reduce the possibility of someone to get what you are doing and where you are.
However, before you decide to consider it, you should understand how it functions and why you should use this particular type of private connection. The main disadvantage of it is the lower speed that you will get when compared with your internet plan, which is why we recommend you to perform speed tests that will allow you to determine download and upload rate.
We decided to present you reasons why you should use VPN in the first place:
What Is Virtual Private Network (VPN)?
First, we have to start with a technical perspective so that you can determine why you need this particular service. Of course, most tech-savvy readers will understand how it functions, but still, you should check out what we have to say so that you can interpret and understand what virtual private network is all about.
We have mentioned above that VPN stands for the virtual private network, but most people think that this particular service can replace the need for ISP (internet service provider). However, that is not the case, because you will need appropriate and relevant internet before you can use it.
In basic idea, connecting to a VPN server will protect your data and surfing by encrypting your Internet traffic. It means that nobody and even your internet service provider cannot see what you are doing online. You do not have to worry, because it will also hide your IP address and replace it with another one.
If you want to learn more on IP addresses and its usefulness, you should check here.
You can easily set up this particular network, either manually through VPN connection on your Android, iOS or PC, or you can download software or app that will do it for you. It is similar to connecting to a Wi-Fi network because you will need the name of the server, username, and password.
You can get all that by subscribing and signing up with VPN provider that you choose, and that will allow you to reduce the hassle of manually entering the particular server. Overall, it will provide you with an additional layer of security and privacy so that you can surf incognito.
Reasons to Choose Virtual Private Network?
- You Will Protect Your Internet Privacy – Your internet service provider, hacker and copyright trolls can easily track your online activities as well as apps and websites that you use. It means that when you enter some restricted site, they will be able to find you through your IP address that is connected with your location. By using this particular protection, you will be able to mask your IP address, so that people cannot see what you are doing and what are you up to.
- You Can Bypass Geo-Restrictions – You have probably encountered the problem when you enter some website or online streaming channel, and you get an error due to geo-location restriction. This is the common problem known as geo-blocking. It is something that happens on a daily basis, especially if you travel abroad. At the same time, some websites are available only in specific regions, which mean that you can only watch Hulu if you live in the USA. The same thing goes for BBC iPlayer in the United Kingdom. Finally, you can rest assured, because you can change your IP address so that you can gain access to geo-restricted channels and websites all across the globe. Check this link: https://www.wikihow.com/Bypass-Web-Restrictions to learn how to bypass web restrictions with ease.
- You Can Access ISP Restricted Websites – Some websites are banned by internet service provider due to copyright laws and problems that go along the way. For instance, in China, you will have a Great Firewall that will block popular websites such as Twitter, Google, Facebook, and At the same time, in the UK and the USA, you will not be able to access torrent websites so that you can download a movie that features copyright infringement. For instance, if you decide to visit the restricted website, ISP can ban you from it, or even terminate your contract due to copyright laws. The same thing goes for colleges and schools, because students cannot access some websites, and by using the virtual private network, you can enjoy all the way because you will be able to access any site that you want as soon as you can.
- You Can Use Public Hotspots With Additional Safety – When you are at the airport, restaurant, or internet cafe, using the public wireless network is the best way to stay online without paying additional money for access. However, you probably did not know that these hotspots are the perfect place for hackers and cybercriminals to enter your device. Most cybercriminals will use these networks especially because most of them are not secured as always. Therefore, you should set up VPN so that you can reduce the chances of hackers entering your device and causing havoc in your life.
- You Can Download Torrents With Ease – If you want to download torrent and P2P files from websites such as ThePirateBay, your IP address will be transparent to both swarm and your ISP. At the same time, all users that are sharing the file will have their IP addresses as well. That is the way P2P functions, but due to copyright issues that are currently effective, certain protection groups can track you through IP address, and they can ban you from using the internet and even sue you for copyright infringement. That is the main reason why you should hide your IP address, which will allow you to download torrents with ease and anonymity.
Even though VPN is the excellent way to hide your presence and location, it will not eliminate the need to create valid subscriptions, which means that if you wish to use Hulu outside the USA, you will still have to pay to sign in.
You should also understand that virtual private networks are not free, so if you find the one that will provide you the free access, it could be a fraud because they can start selling your data to third parties and you will be able to use it only for a limited time.